SIGNS AND THE MATCH
Does your chart match with the chart of your lover?
Welcome! Here you can find your match, very fast. Find out how well (or not) your Suns, ascendant, Moons, Venus or Mars are matching to see if you really match with your lover! and what if not (click here!). There is an even better tool available: see what the angle between the Suns on your days of birth means! For that, go here...
You can have a quick look at the matching sunsigns here. But there is more to discover, if you know the signs of the Moon, Venus and Mars or even more…
The Sun shows what is the most important issue for you, your heart desire.
The Moon is also important, especialy when you live in a house together sharing emotions and habits. When Moonsigns don’t match, it will be difficult to get used to each other’s habits, family traditions and needs.
Not matching Mercury-Mercury will have disagreements, different ideas and interests.
Venus shows if your tastes and preferences match. And wether you really like eachother..
You may notice the influence of Mars in bed, but also: working together (any time you use energy other than for sleeping). When Mars is in hard aspect with Mars, there will be fire (and often war later:0)
This information is valid for love, but the results can also be used to see how you get along in friendships, with collegues or boss, with family and… with your dog! If you don’t like the results because you two DO NOT MATCH, than read this:
1. Even if signs match, the birthdays can make a difference. And if signs don’t match, the birthdays might make a difference, too! Read about it on ‘The Birthday match’ (link below)
2. There is another way to match: by means of sharing the same aspect. You might find your partner the ideal person because you share the same kind of experiences, wishes, goals or characteristics. Find out more about it on Astromarkt (link below)
3. What to do if your charts don’t seem to be a match? Click to read about ‘Not Matching’.
BEST PARTNER SIGNS
- Aries matches easily with Leo and Sagittarius and gets along well with Aquarius and Gemini. The challenging relationships are with Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. There is a mismatch with Pisces, Taurus, Virgo and Scorpio.
- Taurus matches eaily with Capricorn and Virgo and gets along well with Cancer and Pises. The challenging relationships are with Scorpio, Leo and Capricorn. There is a mismatch with Libra, Gemini, Aries and Sagittarius.
- Gemini matches easily with Libra and Aquarius and gets along well with Leo and Aries. The challenging relationships are with Sagittarius, Pisces and Virgo. There is a mismatch with Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
- Cancer matches easily with Scorpio and Pisces and gets along well with Virgo and Taurus. The challenging relationships are with Capricorn, Libra and Aries. There is a mismatch with Aquarius and Sagittarius, Leo and Gemini.
- Leo matches easily with Sagittarius and Aries and gets along well with Libra and Gemini. The challenging relationships are with Aquarius, Scorpio and Taurus. There is a mismatch with Pisces, Capricorn, Virgo and Cancer.
- Virgo matches easily with Capricorn and Taurus. Virgo gets along well with Scorpio and Cancer. The challenging relationships are with Pisces, Sagittarius and Gemini. There is a mismatch with Aries and Aquarius, Libra and Leo.
- Libra matches easily with Aquarius and Gemini and gets along well with Sagittarius and Leo. The challenging relationships are with Aries, Cancer and Capricorn. There is a mismatch with Pisces and Taurus.
- Scorpio matches easily with Cancer and Pisces. Scorpio gets along well with Capricorn and Virgo. The challenging relationships are with Leo, Taurus and Aquarius. There is a mismath with Aries, Gemini, Sagittarius and Libra.
- Sagittarius matches easily with Leo and Aries and gets along well with Libra and Aquarius, The challenging relationships are with Gemini, Virgo and Pisces. There is a mismatch with Cancer and Taurus, Scorpio and Capricorn.
- Capricorn matches easily with Virgo and Taurus and gets along well with Pisces and Scorpio. The challgenging relationships are with Cancer, Aries and Libra. There is a mismatch with Gemini and Leo.
- Aquarius matches easily with Gemini and Libra and gets along well with Sagittarius and Aries. The challenging relationships are with Leo, Scorpio and Taurus. There is a mismatch with Pisces and Capricorn, Virgo and Cancer.
- Pisces matches easily with Cancer and Scorpio and gets along well with Taurus and Capricorn. The challenging relationships are with Gemini, Virgo and Sagittarius. There is a mismatch with Leo and Libra.
REMEMBER: SIGNS ARE NOT PEOPLE!
Welcome? Have you just found out that your sunsign doesn’t match with the sunsign of your partner, then read this. This article is about (not) matching Sunsigns and when minor synastry aspects make the difference.
WHAT IF SIGNS ARE NOT A GOOD MATCH?
When Sunsigns are not ‘matching’ it is often difficult to stay together in the long term. Conflicting lifestyles and conflicting ideas of life’s nature stand in the way, even if the couple loves and likes each other. Example of not matching horoscopes: Ryan O’Neal and Farah Fawcett, who’s Suns were 78 degrees apart. In astrology 78 degrees is no match. They separated.
Couples with afflictions between other positions in the chart however, may stay together if their Suns are matching. Why? For example, because they have the strong will (Sun in a fixed sign like Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius), or because of the family/children/status/obligations (Saturn) or ‘because it is supposed to last (Sun in Cancer or in Capricorn). A famous example is Queen Juliana (a Taurus) and her Cancer husband Bernhard. He had 2 daughters with two other women during the everlasting marriage. Divorce was ‘not done’ in those days and was supposed to damage the royal status.
When Sun signs are not matching, there is often no ground for ‘living as one’. The lifestyles are not compatible and it takes special effort to join lives. But there are exceptions, of course (there always are:). Such as, when the Suns of the partners make minor aspects, hard or soft ones, with each other. Minor aspects between Suns in a relationship tell us that there is a link between the two natures. Minor aspects are for example: semi square (45 degrees), septile (51.4 degrees), sesqui semi square (67.5 degrees), quintile (72 degrees), sesquisquare (135 degrees), biquintile (144 degrees), inconjunction (150 degrees) and quindecile (165 degrees). Other minor aspects have 36, 75, 105, 108 or 157.5 degrees. These minor aspects aren’t always easy and pleasant, but they do create a link between two ego’s.
Examples? The Obama’s and the Clintons are examples of not matching Sunsigns with minor aspects between the Suns of the partners.
The Obamas have Sun quindecile Sun, representing a strong focus on each other, so that they are sticking together like a stamp to a letter (as the song says). Seems that they found a creative way to join their lives.
Bill Clinton is a Leo. Hillary Clinton is a Scorpio. These Sunsigns don’t match. But there is a minor aspect between their suns (67.5 degrees, a sesqui semi square). I know a couple that also has such an aspect and they have a long lasting marriage, too, but not without difficulties.
Positions, cultures, history and law give different perspectives, too.
Matching or not matching is not as simple as to be or not to be…
For more about matching signs on this site, go to ‘matching’…And for an example of not matching signs and a great marriage, see Astrology-love-romance about Famous couple Victoria and Albert. Their sunsigns did not match. Their moon signs didn’t match either. But they shared Venus-Uranus, Venus-Neptune and Mars-Jupiter to make their marriage a success with 9 children as a result. See the post here…http://astrology-love-romance.blogspot.com/ Finally, don’t forget to read the story about Sun signs and love on the same blog. There is a list of not matching partners who got married anyway. There may be many reasons to start (and later end) a relationship.
Conclusion: When sunsigns match it is no guarantee for eternal love. When sunsigns don’t match, it could still work and be ‘eternal’ with a little love.
PS Read about the ‘war’ between two paleontologists (the famous Bones War) on Astropost. They had Sun square Sun and similar positions in the natal chart that made them share aggression and pride.